Subject: [PATCH v8 00/10] refs backend pre-vtable

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:42:30 +0100

Another re-roll of this patch series, to address the comments of
Ramsay Jones (thanks!) about v7 [1].

This version has the following changes compared to v7:

* Drop "refs: make is_branch public" patch. This was already done
  quite a while ago:

      e7e0f26 refs.c: add a public is_branch function (2014-07-15)

* Instead of having refs-internal.h include refs.h, have the "*.c"
  files include both header files.

* Remove some unneeded includes from refs/files-backend.c.

Since patch 01/11 of v7 was omitted, the patches in this version are
numbered differently. In particular, it is now patches 01 through 07
that form the core of this patch series. The last three patches can
easily be postponed if that will speed the progress of the first
seven.

These patches are also available from my GitHub fork [2] as branch
"refs-backend-pre-vtable".

Michael

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/281057
[2] https://github.com/mhagger/git

David Turner (4):
  copy_msg(): rename to copy_reflog_msg()
  initdb: make safe_create_dir public
  files_log_ref_write: new function
  refs: break out ref conflict checks

Michael Haggerty (4):
  pack_if_possible_fn(): use ref_type() instead of is_per_worktree_ref()
  refname_is_safe(): improve docstring
  refs/refs-internal.h: new header file
  refs: split filesystem-based refs code into a new file

Ronnie Sahlberg (2):
  verify_refname_available(): rename function
  verify_refname_available(): new function

 Makefile                       |    3 +-
 builtin/init-db.c              |   12 -
 cache.h                        |    8 +
 path.c                         |   12 +
 refs.c                         | 3709 +---------------------------------------
 refs.c => refs/files-backend.c | 1286 +-------------
 refs/refs-internal.h           |  200 +++
 7 files changed, 311 insertions(+), 4919 deletions(-)
 copy refs.c => refs/files-backend.c (75%)
 create mode 100644 refs/refs-internal.h

-- 
2.6.2