Subject: [PATCH/RFC v2 0/2] add regex match flags to git describe

From: Mostyn Bramley-Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 11:30:22 +0100

git describe currently only supports glob matching with the --matches flag.
It would be useful to support regular expressions.

For consistency, this uses the same regex flags as those used by git-grep.

Some old discussion of this as a candidate feature is here, though nobody put
together a patch as far as I can see:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/173873

-Mostyn.

Mostyn Bramley-Moore (2):
  describe: add option to use perl-compatible regexes with --match
  describe: add basic and extended posix regex matching for completeness

 Documentation/git-describe.txt |  21 ++++++-
 builtin/describe.c             | 131 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 t/README                       |   3 +-
 t/t6120-describe.sh            |  38 ++++++++++--
 4 files changed, 184 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.5.0