Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] update all per-worktree HEADs when renaming a branch

From: Kazuki Yamaguchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 23:37:12 +0900

Changes from v2:
- The flags REF_COMMON_DIR and RESOLVE_REF_COMMON_DIR are removed.
- create_symref_common_dir() is removed and instead adds narrower
  purpose function, set_worktree_head_symref().

[1/2]
Adds a new function set_worktree_head_symref(). This takes git_dir as
the first argument, and updates {git_dir}/HEAD.

The new function uses hold_lock_file_for_update() directly, instead of
through lock_ref_sha1_basic() which the old [v2 3/5] used.

[2/2] (from [v2 4/5])
Uses the new set_worktree_head_symref(), and the
update_worktrees_head_symref() function was renamed to
replace_each_worktree_head_symref(), to avoid confusion with
set_worktree_head_symref() added by [1/2].

Thanks,

Kazuki Yamaguchi (2):
  refs: add a new function set_worktree_head_symref
  branch -m: update all per-worktree HEADs

 branch.c             | 23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 branch.h             |  7 +++++++
 builtin/branch.c     |  3 +--
 refs.h               |  8 ++++++++
 refs/files-backend.c | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3200-branch.sh    | 23 ++++++++++++++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc4.21.g05df949