Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Improve test coverage of update-ref error messages

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 10:14:43 +0200

This is v2 of the patch series. Thanks to Johannes Sixt and Junio for
their comments about v1 [1].

Changes since v1:

* In t1404, don't use non-portable `local`: change function
  test_update_rejected to refer to the global `$prefix` variable
  rather than taking it as a parameter.

* Because that code change has become more involved, split off the
  addition of documentation for the function into a separate patch.

These patches are also available from my GitHub account [2] as branch
update-ref-errors.

Michael

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/296626
[2] https://github.com/mhagger/git

Michael Haggerty (6):
  t1404: rename file to t1404-update-ref-errors.sh
  t1404: remove "prefix" argument to test_update_rejected
  t1404: document function test_update_rejected
  t1404: add more tests of update-ref error handling
  lock_ref_for_update(): make error handling more uniform
  lock_ref_for_update(): avoid a symref resolution

 refs/files-backend.c               |  77 ++++---
 t/t1404-update-ref-df-conflicts.sh | 181 -----------------
 t/t1404-update-ref-errors.sh       | 407 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 452 insertions(+), 213 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100755 t/t1404-update-ref-df-conflicts.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t1404-update-ref-errors.sh

-- 
2.8.1