Subject: [RFC/PATCH 0/2] place cherry pick line below commit title

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:21:36 -0700

This is somewhat of a follow-up to my previous e-mail with subject
"[PATCH] sequencer: support folding in rfc2822 footer" [1], in which I
proposed relaxing the definition of a commit message footer to allow
multiple-line field bodies (as described in RFC2822), but its strictness
was deemed deliberate.

Below is a patch set that allows placing the "cherry picked from" line
without taking into account the definition of a commit message footer.
For example, "git cherry-pick -x" (with the appropriate configuration
variable or argument) would, to this commit message:

  commit title

  This is an explanatory paragraph.

  Footer: foo

place the "(cherry picked from ...)" line below "commit title".

Would this be better?

[1] <[email-masked]>

Jonathan Tan (2):
  sequencer: refactor message and origin appending
  sequencer: allow origin line below commit title

 Documentation/config.txt          |  4 +++
 Documentation/git-cherry-pick.txt | 15 ++++++++-
 builtin/revert.c                  | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 sequencer.c                       | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 sequencer.h                       |  7 ++++
 t/t3511-cherry-pick-x.sh          | 59 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 172 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020