Subject: [PATCH 0/5] allow non-trailers and multiple-line trailers

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 18:23:24 -0700

In [1], Junio explained a possible redesign of trailer support in
interpret-trailers and cherry-pick, something along these lines:

 1. Support non-trailers and multi-line trailers in interpret-trailers
 2. Create a helper function so that the new interpretation can be used
    elsewhere (e.g. in sequencer)
 3. Modify "Signed-off-by" and "(cherry picked by" to use the helper
    function

My current plans for step 1 and step 2 require relatively significant
refactoring in trailer.c, so I thought that I should send out a patch
set covering only step 1 first for discussion, before continuing with my
work on top of this patch set.

Support for steps 2 and 3, including my original use case of being
looser in the definition of a trailer when invoking "cherry-pick -x"
(and thus suppressing the insertion of a newline) will come in a
subsequent patch set.

[1] Message ID <[email-masked]>

Jonathan Tan (5):
  trailer: use singly-linked list, not doubly
  trailer: streamline trailer item create and add
  trailer: make args have their own struct
  trailer: allow non-trailers in trailer block
  trailer: support values folded to multiple lines

 Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt |  10 +-
 t/t7513-interpret-trailers.sh            | 174 +++++++++
 trailer.c                                | 638 +++++++++++++++----------------
 3 files changed, 480 insertions(+), 342 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020