Subject: [PATCH v5 0/8] allow non-trailers and multiple-line trailers

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:54:55 -0700

I've updated patch 5/8 to use strcspn and to pass in the list of
separators, meaning that we no longer accept '=' in file input (and also
updated its commit message accordingly).

We also discussed inlining find_separator, but after looking at the
code, I think that it is more convenient if find_separator returns -1
when there is no separator, because of the 3 times it is used (as
of 8/8), it is checked twice with '>= 1' (since both "no separator" and
"string begins with separator" are handled in the same way - treating
them as a non-trailer line). So I have left it as its own function.

No other updates.

Jonathan Tan (8):
  trailer: improve const correctness
  trailer: use list.h for doubly-linked list
  trailer: streamline trailer item create and add
  trailer: make args have their own struct
  trailer: clarify failure modes in parse_trailer
  trailer: allow non-trailers in trailer block
  trailer: forbid leading whitespace in trailers
  trailer: support values folded to multiple lines

 Documentation/git-interpret-trailers.txt |  14 +-
 t/t7513-interpret-trailers.sh            | 299 +++++++++++++++
 trailer.c                                | 620 +++++++++++++++++--------------
 3 files changed, 654 insertions(+), 279 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.0.rc3.226.g39d4020