Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Clarify interaction between signed pushes and push options

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 16:46:41 -0700

We noticed this when trying to use Git to make a signed push with push
options to a server using JGit (which rejects such pushes because the
Git client makes requests that are, strictly speaking, incompatible with
the documented protocol).

There have been several commits (see the commits linked in the commit
messages of the patches sent in reply to this e-mail) to support push
options (that are read by receive hooks) when using "git push", but the
interaction between push options and signed pushes are not very clear.
Here are some patches (containing both code and documentation) that
clarify this interaction.

I would appreciate a review of this - if we could make the protocol
clear, we could then update JGit to use the updated protocol and be no
longer incompatible with existing Git clients.

Jonathan Tan (3):
  docs: correct receive.advertisePushOptions default
  receive-pack: verify push options in cert
  protocol docs: explain receive-pack push options

 Documentation/config.txt                  |  5 ++--
 Documentation/git-receive-pack.txt        | 10 +++++++
 Documentation/technical/pack-protocol.txt | 32 ++++++++++++++++----
 builtin/receive-pack.c                    | 49 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 t/t5534-push-signed.sh                    | 15 ++++++++++
 5 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0.rc1.294.g07d810a77f-goog