Subject: [WIP 0/2] Modifying pack-objects to support --blob-size-limit

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 17:14:53 -0700

I took a look at modifying builtin/pack-objects.c to support excluding
oversized blobs and reporting the exclusions that it has performed.
Here's a work in progress - it might be of aid to others who are working
on a similar feature and/or are modifying pack-objects for something
else.

The way I used to obtain a blob's size seems inefficient and redundant
with check_object() - if you have a suggestion to improve this, I'm
interested.

This is similar to [1] except that this reports blobs and their sizes
(after the packfile is printed), and is slightly more comprehensive in
that the read_object_list_from_stdin() codepath is also covered in
addition to the get_object_list() codepath. (Although, to be clear,
upload-pack always passes "--revs" and thus only needs the
get_object_list() codepath).

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (2):
  pack-objects: rename want_.* to ignore_.*
  pack-objects: support --blob-size-limit

 Documentation/git-pack-objects.txt |  19 ++++-
 builtin/pack-objects.c             | 163 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/t5300-pack-object.sh             |  71 ++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 223 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.0.506.g27d5fe0cd-goog