Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Improvements to sha1_file

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:05:56 -0700

Peff suggested putting in a new field in struct object_info for the
object contents; I tried it and it seems to work out quite well.

Patch 1 is unmodified from the previous version. Patches 2-3 have been
rewritten, and patch 4 is similar except that the missing-lookup change
is made to sha1_object_info_extended() instead of the now gone
get_object().

As before, I would like review on patches 1-3 to go into the tree.
(Patch 4 is a work in progress, and is here just to demonstrate the
effectiveness of the refactoring.)

Jonathan Tan (4):
  sha1_file: teach packed_object_info about typename
  sha1_file: move delta base cache code up
  sha1_file: consolidate storage-agnostic object fns
  sha1_file, fsck: add missing blob support

 Documentation/config.txt |  10 +
 builtin/fsck.c           |   7 +
 cache.h                  |  13 ++
 sha1_file.c              | 506 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 t/t3907-missing-blob.sh  |  69 +++++++
 5 files changed, 418 insertions(+), 187 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t3907-missing-blob.sh

-- 
2.13.1.518.g3df882009-goog