Subject: [PATCH for NEXT v3 0/2] sub-process: refactor handshake to common function

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:17:27 -0700

Thanks for all your comments.

This is now built off "next" to include Lars's changes.

About whether this is too restrictive (for example, as Junio mentions,
this will not allow future capabilities of the form "key=???"), I think
that this can be upgraded later if necessary. For now, both the filter
code and the ODB (and ODB-like) proposals on the mailing list do not
require such a thing, so I have not included that functionality.

Changes from v2:
 - now rebased onto next, to pick up Lars's changes
 - split up into more functions
 - welcome prefix does not include final dash
 - no more gotos in expected cases (or at all)

Jonathan Tan (2):
  Documentation: migrate sub-process docs to header
  sub-process: refactor handshake to common function

 Documentation/technical/api-sub-process.txt |  59 ----------------
 convert.c                                   |  75 ++------------------
 pkt-line.c                                  |  19 -----
 pkt-line.h                                  |   2 -
 sub-process.c                               | 103 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 sub-process.h                               |  51 +++++++++++++-
 t/t0021-conversion.sh                       |   2 +-
 7 files changed, 160 insertions(+), 151 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/technical/api-sub-process.txt

-- 
2.14.0.rc0.400.g1c36432dff-goog