Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/3] Fixes to "diff --color-moved" MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH handling

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:49:13 -0700

Note that these patches are for "next", depending on the "--color-moved"
patches.

While working on something else [1], I noticed some irregularities with
how "diff --color-moved" treats the minimum block size, occasionally
coloring blocks smaller than that as moved.

I've marked this as RFC because now I'm not sure if minimum number of
lines is the best way to handle the minimum block size. In particular,
an existing test (in t4015) assumes that 2-line blocks can be
legitimately colored as moved (and notice that it is now marked
test_expect_failure in patch 3), and in my work, I would also like the
rules to be relaxed. What do you think of also changing the rule to,
say, "minimum 10 non-whitespace characters"?

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (3):
  diff: avoid redundantly clearing a flag
  diff: respect MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH for last block
  diff: check MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH at start of new block

 diff.c                     | 35 +++++++++++++++-----
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh | 80 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.0.434.g98096fd7a8-goog