Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Fixes to "diff --color-moved" MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH handling

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 14:31:09 -0700

These patches are on sb/diff-color-move.

Patches 1 and 2 are unchanged.

It was pointed out to me that the documentation for
"--color-moved=zebra" is ambiguous, but could plausibly describe the
current behavior. I still think that the current behavior is confusing,
so I have retained patch 3, but have updated the commit message and
documentation to describe this situation. I also proceeded with updating
the test mentioned in the previous cover letter to produce the expected
result (describing the modification in the commit message).

(If we do decide that the current behavior is correct, I can send
another patch to update the documentation to be less ambiguous and maybe
update the code to not use a name like MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH, as it is the
number of adjacent moved lines that we are checking, not the length of a
block.)

Jonathan Tan (3):
  diff: avoid redundantly clearing a flag
  diff: respect MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH for last block
  diff: check MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH at start of new block

 Documentation/diff-options.txt |   6 +--
 diff.c                         |  35 ++++++++++----
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh     | 106 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 3 files changed, 122 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.1.480.gb18f417b89-goog