Subject: [PATCH v4 0/3] "diff --color-moved" with yet another heuristic

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 18:27:36 -0700

These patches are on sb/diff-color-move.

Patches 1 and 2 are unchanged, except for some line wrapping in a test
in patch 2.

This has been updated to use the same alphanumeric heuristic as blame
(20 alnum characters). I tried it out and I thought the results were
reasonable in a patch set that I'm working on (the pack-related function
refactoring one).

As for refactoring blame.c and this file, I'm not sure where best to put
the new function, so I've added a NEEDSWORK for now.

As for detecting block boundaries in adjust_last_block(), I've left it
as-is for now. I think it's clearer if the parent function provides that
information, since it already tracks that. In addition, we avoid corner
cases such as what happens if the block is at the start of the diff
output (we must ensure that we don't read off the beginning edge, for
example).

Jonathan Tan (3):
  diff: avoid redundantly clearing a flag
  diff: respect MIN_BLOCK_LENGTH for last block
  diff: define block by number of alphanumeric chars

 Documentation/diff-options.txt |   8 +-
 diff.c                         |  47 ++++++--
 diff.h                         |   2 +-
 t/t4015-diff-whitespace.sh     | 261 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 4 files changed, 236 insertions(+), 82 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.1.480.gb18f417b89-goog