Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] Modernize read_graft_line implementation

From: Patryk Obara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 20:33:10 +0200

Changes since v3:

- Commit replacing raw buffer does not store temporary pointer to
  strbuf internals any more.

- Commit message of patch 4 explains all alternative approaches
  considered so far.

- Patch 4 uses two-phases to parse graft line, without code repetition.

I have my reservations about patch 4 from readability standpoint
(it's not immediately clear why parsing code can skip freeing of graft
in phase 2), but this implementation seems to address every issue raised
in review so far. If you'll prefer me to go back to impementation
from v3, I have it prepared ;)

Patryk Obara (4):
  sha1_file: fix definition of null_sha1
  commit: replace the raw buffer with strbuf in read_graft_line
  commit: allocate array using object_id size
  commit: rewrite read_graft_line

 builtin/blame.c |  2 +-
 commit.c        | 45 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 commit.h        |  2 +-
 sha1_file.c     |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

-- 
2.9.5