Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Keep merge during kills

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:53:13 +0200

So here's a little series.

1/3 I just noted along the way

2/3 splits the merge state writing into parts as a preparatory step.
This is something we may want to carry further and get rid of some other
places which write merge_msg unneccessarily so that merge performance
does not suffer because of the additional write.

3/3 comes with a test now. It's crafted after t7502 and does not work
under MINGW, unfortunately. But the fix does :)

I'm still asking for comments whether this has other side effects. I've
been told there are people who do a lot of merges regularly, and they're
not the kind of people that I'd like to make angry - at least not
without a good reason.

Michael J Gruber (3):
  Documentation/git-merge: explain --continue
  merge: split write_merge_state in two
  merge: save merge state earlier

 Documentation/git-merge.txt |  5 ++++-
 builtin/merge.c             | 14 +++++++++++---
 t/t7600-merge.sh            | 15 +++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.1.364.ge466dba5f7