Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Some ThreadSanitizer-results

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 19:43:44 +0200

This is the second version of my series to try to address some issues
noted by ThreadSanitizer. Thanks to all who took the time to provide
input on the first version.

The largest change is in the third patch, which moves the "avoid writing
to slopbuf"-logic into strbuf_setlen, and compiles it unconditionally.
Patch 2 hasn't been changed. The others have seen some minor changes.
The patch introducing GIT_THREAD_SANITIZER is gone.

The end result as far as ThreadSanitizer is concerned is the same:

1) set_try_to_free_routine, where Peff outlined some possibilities, and
where I don't feel like I have any idea which of them is better.

2) hashmap_add, which I could try my hands on if Jeff doesn't beat me to
it -- his proposed change should fix it and I doubt I could come up with
anything "better", considering he knows the code.

Martin

Martin Ågren (4):
  convert: always initialize attr_action in convert_attrs
  pack-objects: take lock before accessing `remaining`
  strbuf_setlen: don't write to strbuf_slopbuf
  ThreadSanitizer: add suppressions

 strbuf.h               |  5 ++++-
 builtin/pack-objects.c |  6 ++++++
 color.c                |  7 +++++++
 convert.c              |  5 +++--
 transport-helper.c     |  7 +++++++
 .tsan-suppressions     | 10 ++++++++++
 6 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 .tsan-suppressions

-- 
2.14.1.151.gdfeca7a7e