Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] Tidy up the constants related to ref_update::flags

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 09:42:00 +0100

This is a reroll of a patch series that tidies up some stuff around
the ref_update::flags constants. Thanks to Junio and Martin for their
comments about v1 [1].

Relative to v1, this version:

* In patch 5, cleans up the touched comments to refer to OIDs rather
  than SHA-1s.

* Adds a patch 8, which changes `write_packed_entry()` to take
  `object_id` arguments.

* Adds a patch 9, which cleans up some remaining comments across all
  of the refs-related files to refer to OIDs rather than SHA-1s.

This patch series depends on bc/object-id. The patches are also
available from my GitHub fork as branch `tidy-ref-update-flags` [2].

Michael

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://github.com/mhagger/git

Michael Haggerty (9):
  files_transaction_prepare(): don't leak flags to packed transaction
  prune_ref(): call `ref_transaction_add_update()` directly
  ref_transaction_update(): die on disallowed flags
  ref_transaction_add_update(): remove a check
  refs: tidy up and adjust visibility of the `ref_update` flags
  refs: rename constant `REF_NODEREF` to `REF_NO_DEREF`
  refs: rename constant `REF_ISPRUNING` to `REF_IS_PRUNING`
  write_packed_entry(): take `object_id` arguments
  refs: update some more docs to use "oid" rather than "sha1"

 builtin/am.c           |   2 +-
 builtin/branch.c       |   2 +-
 builtin/checkout.c     |   2 +-
 builtin/clone.c        |   4 +-
 builtin/notes.c        |   2 +-
 builtin/remote.c       |   6 +--
 builtin/symbolic-ref.c |   2 +-
 builtin/update-ref.c   |   4 +-
 refs.c                 |   8 ++-
 refs.h                 |  77 ++++++++++++++++-------------
 refs/files-backend.c   | 132 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 refs/packed-backend.c  |  18 +++----
 refs/ref-cache.c       |   4 +-
 refs/refs-internal.h   |  81 +++++++++---------------------
 sequencer.c            |   6 +--
 15 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 162 deletions(-)

-- 
2.14.1