Subject: [PATCH 0/2] More transport API improvements

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:44:43 -0800

Note that this is built on jt/transport-no-more-rsync.

I have found the transport mechanism relatively complicated, so here is
some more effort in the hope of making it more readily understood.

Patch 1 is probably good to go in as-is.

Patch 2 is a modification of the transport API by making certain
variables in the transport interface struct more private, and might need
more discussion. I also discuss the possible future work that this
modification makes possible.

Jonathan Tan (2):
  clone, fetch: remove redundant transport check
  transport: make transport vtable more private

 builtin/clone.c      |  3 ---
 builtin/fetch.c      |  3 ---
 transport-helper.c   | 23 +++++++++++-------
 transport-internal.h | 61 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 transport.c          | 69 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
 transport.h          | 54 ++--------------------------------------
 6 files changed, 120 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 transport-internal.h

-- 
2.15.1.504.g5279b80103-goog