Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] Cookie redaction during GIT_TRACE_CURL

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:34:29 -0800

Sometimes authentication information is sent over HTTP through cookies,
but when using GIT_TRACE_CURL, that information appears in logs. There
are some HTTP headers already redacted ("Authorization:" and
"Proxy-Authorization:") - the first patch extends such redaction to a
user-specified list.

I've also included another patch to allow omission of data transmission
information from being logged when using GIT_TRACE_CURL. This reduces
the information logged to that similar to GIT_CURL_VERBOSE.
(As for why not use GIT_CURL_VERBOSE instead - that is because
GIT_CURL_VERBOSE does not perform any redaction, merely using Curl's
default logging mechanism.)

The patches are ready for merging, but I marked this as "RFC" just in
case there is a better way to accomplish this.

Jonathan Tan (2):
  http: support cookie redaction when tracing
  http: support omitting data from traces

 http.c                      | 82 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh | 24 +++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 98 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.0.rc1.238.g530d649a79-goog