Subject: [PATCH v3 00/14] Some fixes and bunch of object_id conversions

From: Patryk Obara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:11:52 +0100

Compared to v2:

* rebased to latest master

* patch 1 and 2
I kept them in, but if Junio prefers them separately then I'll send
them as separate patches.

* patch 5
- strbuf_add(buf, sha1_to_hex(oid.hash), GIT_SHA1_HEXSZ);
+ strbuf_addstr(buf, oid_to_hex(&oid));

* patch 7
On suggestion from Duy Nguyễn, I renamed parameter names:
'hash1' and 'hash2' with 'oid1' and 'oid2' to avoid e.g. 'hash1->hash'.

I decided *not to* implement suggested replace_tree_entry_hash
function (when implemented as in mail, t6026-merge-subtree fails).
I think this overwriting of object_id needs to be addressed, but
probably at the time of adjusting tree object format for longer hash.

Patryk Obara (14):
  http-push: improve error log
  clang-format: adjust penalty for return type line break
  sha1_file: convert pretend_sha1_file to object_id
  dir: convert struct sha1_stat to use object_id
  sha1_file: convert hash_sha1_file to object_id
  cache: clear whole hash buffer with oidclr
  match-trees: convert splice_tree to object_id
  commit: convert commit_tree* to object_id
  notes: convert combine_notes_* to object_id
  notes: convert write_notes_tree to object_id
  sha1_file: convert write_sha1_file to object_id
  sha1_file: convert force_object_loose to object_id
  sha1_file: convert write_loose_object to object_id
  sha1_file: rename hash_sha1_file_literally

 .clang-format                                 |   2 +-
 Documentation/technical/api-object-access.txt |   2 +-
 apply.c                                       |  12 ++--
 blame.c                                       |   2 +-
 builtin/am.c                                  |   4 +-
 builtin/checkout.c                            |   3 +-
 builtin/commit-tree.c                         |   4 +-
 builtin/commit.c                              |   5 +-
 builtin/hash-object.c                         |   3 +-
 builtin/index-pack.c                          |   5 +-
 builtin/merge.c                               |   8 +--
 builtin/mktag.c                               |   6 +-
 builtin/mktree.c                              |  10 +--
 builtin/notes.c                               |   8 +--
 builtin/pack-objects.c                        |   2 +-
 builtin/receive-pack.c                        |  11 +--
 builtin/replace.c                             |   4 +-
 builtin/tag.c                                 |   2 +-
 builtin/unpack-objects.c                      |  11 +--
 cache-tree.c                                  |  16 ++---
 cache.h                                       |  25 ++++---
 commit.c                                      |  15 ++--
 commit.h                                      |  11 +--
 convert.c                                     |   6 +-
 diffcore-rename.c                             |   4 +-
 dir.c                                         |  56 +++++++--------
 dir.h                                         |  12 ++--
 http-push.c                                   |   4 ++
 log-tree.c                                    |   2 +-
 match-trees.c                                 |  46 ++++++------
 merge-recursive.c                             |   5 +-
 notes-cache.c                                 |   8 +--
 notes-merge.c                                 |   9 ++-
 notes-utils.c                                 |   9 +--
 notes-utils.h                                 |   3 +-
 notes.c                                       |  63 ++++++++--------
 notes.h                                       |  29 ++++----
 read-cache.c                                  |   6 +-
 sha1_file.c                                   | 100 ++++++++++++++------------
 t/helper/test-dump-untracked-cache.c          |   4 +-
 40 files changed, 281 insertions(+), 256 deletions(-)

base-commit: 5be1f00a9a701532232f57958efab4be8c959a29
-- 
2.14.3