Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Re: t7006: add tests for how git config paginates

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:51:41 +0100

This is v2 of my series to teach `git config` to only respect
`pager.config` when listing configuration, then changing the default to
"on". Thanks to Duy and Junio for feedback on the first version.

Based on Duy's feeback, I've changed the approach to more carefully
divide the various getters into "may produce multiple lines, so let's
page" vs "may not, so don't".

Junio hesitated whether we should add tests using `test_expect_success`,
then flip the test-definition, or whether we should start with a
"failure" that we then flip to "success". I have not done anything about
that, except to try and motivate the choice better in the commit message
of the second patch.

Martin

Martin Ågren (3):
  t7006: add tests for how git config paginates
  config: respect `pager.config` in list/get-mode only
  config: change default of `pager.config` to "on"

 Documentation/git-config.txt |  6 ++++++
 t/t7006-pager.sh             | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 builtin/config.c             | 10 +++++++++
 git.c                        |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.2.246.ga4ee44448f