Subject: [PATCH 0/5] roll back locks in various code paths

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:30:08 +0100

Patches 2-4 are the actual fixes where I teach some functions to always
roll back the lock they're holding. Notably, these are all in "libgit".

Patch 1 is a "while at it" to use locks on the stack instead of having
them be static. Patch 5 removes code to roll back locks which are
already rolled back.

I've based this on maint. There's a conflict on pu, with c7d4394111
(sequencer: avoid using errno clobbered by rollback_lock_file(),
2018-02-11). The conflict resolution would be to take my version for the
"could not lock HEAD"-hunk.

Martin

Martin Ågren (5):
  sequencer: make lockfiles non-static
  sequencer: always roll back lock in `do_recursive_merge()`
  merge-recursive: always roll back lock in `merge_recursive_generic()`
  merge: always roll back lock in `checkout_fast_forward()`
  sequencer: do not roll back lockfile unnecessarily

 merge-recursive.c |  4 +++-
 merge.c           | 12 +++++++++---
 sequencer.c       | 32 ++++++++++++++------------------
 3 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.2.246.ga4ee44448f