Subject: [PATCH 0/3] shortlog: do not accept revisions when run outside repo

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 12:52:09 +0100

Patch 3 stops git shortlog from BUG-ing when it's being used slightly
wrong. Patches 1 and 2 are recursive preparation. Based on maint.

Someone trying this out might notice that `man git-shortlog` renders
"\--" as "\--", which is not wanted. (Also visible on git-scm.com...)
There is quite some history around such double-slashes and compatibility
with AsciiDoc-versions, so I'd rather not do a "while at it" there.
Regardless of the destiny of patch 1/3, I will follow up later to
address various forms of "\--" throughout the tree.

Martin Ågren (3):
  git-shortlog.txt: reorder usages
  shortlog: add usage-string for stdin-reading
  shortlog: do not accept revisions when run outside repo

 Documentation/git-shortlog.txt | 2 +-
 t/t4201-shortlog.sh            | 5 +++++
 builtin/shortlog.c             | 9 ++++++++-
 3 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.2.246.ga4ee44448f