Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] builtin/grep.c: teach '-o', '--only-matching'

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 20:21:03 -0700

Hi,

Attached is the second re-roll of my series to add GNU grep's
'--only-matching' to git-grep.

The main thing that has changed since last time is our handling of
-{A,B,C}<N>. Previously, as Peff points out in [1], we handle this in a
buggy way different than GNU.

I agree that although 'git grep -C<N> -o ...' is an unusual invocation,
it is useful to (1) maintain as much consistency as reasonably makes
sense, and (2) to at least not be buggy.

I have also responded to Eric's suggestions in [2], and [3].

Thanks as always for your kind review :-).

Thanks,
Taylor

[1]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]
[2]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]
[3]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]

Taylor Blau (2):
  grep.c: extract show_line_header()
  builtin/grep.c: teach '-o', '--only-matching' to 'git-grep'

 Documentation/git-grep.txt |  6 ++-
 builtin/grep.c             |  1 +
 grep.c                     | 78 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 grep.h                     |  1 +
 t/t7810-grep.sh            | 69 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 132 insertions(+), 23 deletions(-)

--
2.17.0