Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] unpack_trees_options: free messages when done

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 18:30:57 +0200

Hi Elijah

On 16 May 2018 at 16:32, Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 4:32 AM, Martin Ågren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> As you noted elsewhere [1], Ben is also working in this area. I'd be
>> perfectly happy to sit on these patches until both of your contributions
>> come through to master.
>>
>> [1] https://public-inbox.org/git/CABPp-BFh=[email-masked]/
>
> Instead of waiting for these to come through to master, could you just
> submit based on the top of bp/merge-rename-config? 

Sure, here goes. This is based on bp/merge-rename-config, gets rid of
all leaks of memory allocated in `setup_unpack_trees_porcelain()` and
cuts the number of leaks in the test-suite (i.e., the subset of the 
tests that I run) by around 10%.

Martin

Elijah Newren (1):
  merge-recursive: provide pair of `unpack_trees_{start,finish}()`

Martin Ågren (2):
  merge: setup `opts` later in `checkout_fast_forward()`
  unpack_trees_options: free messages when done

 unpack-trees.h     |  5 +++++
 builtin/checkout.c |  1 +
 merge-recursive.c  | 30 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 merge.c            | 37 +++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 unpack-trees.c     | 11 +++++++++++
 5 files changed, 54 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.583.g9a75a153ac