Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] unpack_trees_options: free messages when done

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 23:23:24 +0200

This is a reroll of my attempt at freeing the memory allocated by
`setup_unpack_trees_porcelain()`. The first two patches are identical to
v2. The third patch no longer relies on rather intimate knowledge of
which strings are on the heap and which pointers are duplicates.
Instead, as suggested by Junio, I keep a separate string-list of strings
to free. That should make things more future-proof.

v2: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Martin

Elijah Newren (1):
  merge-recursive: provide pair of `unpack_trees_{start,finish}()`

Martin Ågren (2):
  merge: setup `opts` later in `checkout_fast_forward()`
  unpack_trees_options: free messages when done

 unpack-trees.h     |  6 ++++++
 builtin/checkout.c |  1 +
 merge-recursive.c  | 30 ++++++++++++++++--------------
 merge.c            | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 unpack-trees.c     | 23 +++++++++++++++++++----
 5 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0.840.g5d83f92caf