Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Repacking of promisor packfiles

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 15:34:04 -0700

Changes from v1:
 - add NEEDSWORK stating that input to pack-objects could be removed
 - run pack-objects to repack promisor objects only if there is at least
   one of them - this exposed a possible bug where the later part of
   cmd_repack() requires a correct packed_git (this was mostly noticed
   by tests that deal with corrupt packfiles), so insert a call to
   reprepare_packed_git() after all packfile manipulation is done
 - rename prepare_packed_objects() to prepare_pack_objects() to better
   reflect that we are preparing a call to pack-objects, not preparing
   existing packed objects

Peff raised the possibility of making for_each_packed_object() use pack
order instead of index order - I'll also take a look at that, separately
from this patch series.

Jonathan Tan (2):
  repack: refactor setup of pack-objects cmd
  repack: repack promisor objects if -a or -A is set

 Documentation/git-repack.txt |   5 +
 builtin/repack.c             | 182 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh     |  85 +++++++++++++---
 3 files changed, 213 insertions(+), 59 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.597.ga71716f1ad-goog