Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] filter: support for excluding all trees and blobs

From: Matthew DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:06:24 -0700

Changes applied, as suggested by [email-masked]:
- Re-ordered patches so 3-5 actually come first
- Sadly, as a result of the above, many of the tests in the "treat
  missing trees like missing blobs" patch had to be moved to the filter
  implementation patch, since it doesn't seem possible to create
  promisor objects that are really recognized as promisor objects in
  tests (unless you actually do a partial clone). Overall, I thought
  this ordering was more elegant, so I kept it.
- Reworded NOT_USER_GIVEN commit message as suggested
- Fixed style error list-objects.c (var dec and code mixed)
- Added missing /* fallthrough */ and explanation why
- Removed the show_missing_trees flag - now we won't show any error if
  the only problem is the object is missing and it's a promisor object.
- Renamed only:commits to tree:none and updated commit message
  accordingly
- Added /* blobs are always omitted */ comment in list-objects-filter.c
- Fixed up tests in t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh to not use
  unnecessary sorts, and to do more commands on lines of their own
  rather than in pipes

Matthew DeVore (5):
  list-objects: store common func args in struct
  list-objects: refactor to process_tree_contents
  rev-list: handle missing tree objects properly
  revision: mark non-user-given objects instead
  list-objects-filter: implement filter tree:none

 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt     |   2 +
 builtin/rev-list.c                     |  10 +-
 list-objects-filter-options.c          |   4 +
 list-objects-filter-options.h          |   1 +
 list-objects-filter.c                  |  49 +++--
 list-objects.c                         | 236 +++++++++++++------------
 revision.c                             |   1 -
 revision.h                             |  10 +-
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh |  40 +++++
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh               |  27 +++
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh    |  13 ++
 11 files changed, 259 insertions(+), 134 deletions(-)

-- 
2.18.0.597.ga71716f1ad-goog