Subject: [PATCH v7 0/7] filter: support for excluding all trees and blobs

From: Matthew DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 11:05:43 -0700

I made the following changes since v6 of the patchset:
 - (suggested by Duy Nguyen) add a new commit which replaces uses of die() with
   BUG() in list-objects-filter.c wherever it corresponds to a coding error.
 - Replace die() with BUG() in new code.
 - Replace test_line_count = 0 with test_must_be_empty in new tests since the
   trend seems to be, based on other RFCs in progress, that we are standardizing
   on that phraseology. See:
   https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

As asked in the last "What's cooking in git.git" post, the status of this patch
is:
 - The original reviewer, Jonathan Tan, is on vacation and will be back later
   this week.
 - Stefan Beller has been reviewing the patchset in Jonathan's absence, and
   stated that it's a good read despite not being familiar with the code:
   https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
 - I haven't updated this patch in a while since we have been in RC for a while,
   but after this update I think it's ready. There hasn't been any comment or
   request for change to the patchset recently.

Matthew DeVore (7):
  list-objects: store common func args in struct
  list-objects: refactor to process_tree_contents
  list-objects: always parse trees gently
  rev-list: handle missing tree objects properly
  revision: mark non-user-given objects instead
  list-objects-filter: use BUG rather than die
  list-objects-filter: implement filter tree:0

 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt     |   5 +
 builtin/rev-list.c                     |  11 +-
 list-objects-filter-options.c          |   4 +
 list-objects-filter-options.h          |   1 +
 list-objects-filter.c                  |  60 ++++++-
 list-objects.c                         | 232 +++++++++++++------------
 revision.c                             |   1 -
 revision.h                             |  25 ++-
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh               |  45 +++++
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh |  41 +++++
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh               |  38 ++++
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh    |  29 ++++
 12 files changed, 367 insertions(+), 125 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.rc1.350.ge57e33dbd1-goog