Subject: [PATCH v8 0/7] filter: support for excluding all trees and blobs

From: Matthew DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 17:55:20 -0700

Things seem to have settled down in terms of responses, so here is a re-roll,
some of the changes being Junio's suggestions:
 - show a more helpful error if a positive integer is given after "tree:"
 - added a test for an issue that this patchset inadvertently fixes:
   git rev-list would filter objects given explicitly on the command-line,
   but it should not.
 - improved documentation on the NOT_USER_GIVEN flag in revision.h

Matthew DeVore (7):
  list-objects: store common func args in struct
  list-objects: refactor to process_tree_contents
  list-objects: always parse trees gently
  rev-list: handle missing tree objects properly
  revision: mark non-user-given objects instead
  list-objects-filter: use BUG rather than die
  list-objects-filter: implement filter tree:0

 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt     |   5 +
 builtin/rev-list.c                     |  11 +-
 list-objects-filter-options.c          |  14 ++
 list-objects-filter-options.h          |   1 +
 list-objects-filter.c                  |  60 ++++++-
 list-objects.c                         | 232 +++++++++++++------------
 revision.c                             |   1 -
 revision.h                             |  26 ++-
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh               |  45 +++++
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh |  41 +++++
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh               |  38 ++++
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh    |  39 +++++
 12 files changed, 389 insertions(+), 124 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.397.gdd90340f6a-goog