Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Clean up tests for test_cmp arg ordering and pipe placement

From: Matthew DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 15:24:16 -0700

This applies the suggestions from jrn@'s response to v1 here:
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

The major changes are:
 - Added two bullet points to Documentation/CodingGuidelines about 1) how to
   format pipe sequences and 2) using temporary files rather than pipes to
   avoid masking potiential error exit codes.
 - A new commit which introduces a linter check to enforce (1) above, which I
   am requesting feedback for. I'd be happy to drop it.
 - A new commit to fix violations of (2) above in t9101-git-svn-props.sh since
   it was not so trivial.
 - A better message to describe the pipe placement commit.

Thank you,

Matthew DeVore (6):
  CodingGuidelines: add shell piping guidelines
  tests: standardize pipe placement
  t/*: fix ordering of expected/observed arguments
  tests: Add linter check for pipe placement style
  tests: split up pipes
  t9109-git-svn-props.sh: split up several pipes

 Documentation/CodingGuidelines         |  29 ++
 t/Makefile                             |  12 +-
 t/lib-gpg.sh                           |   9 +-
 t/t0000-basic.sh                       |   2 +-
 t/t0021-conversion.sh                  |   4 +-
 t/t1006-cat-file.sh                    |   8 +-
 t/t1300-config.sh                      |   9 +-
 t/t1303-wacky-config.sh                |   4 +-
 t/t2101-update-index-reupdate.sh       |   2 +-
 t/t3200-branch.sh                      |   2 +-
 t/t3320-notes-merge-worktrees.sh       |   4 +-
 t/t3400-rebase.sh                      |   8 +-
 t/t3417-rebase-whitespace-fix.sh       |   6 +-
 t/t3702-add-edit.sh                    |   4 +-
 t/t3903-stash.sh                       |   8 +-
 t/t3905-stash-include-untracked.sh     |   2 +-
 t/t4025-hunk-header.sh                 |   2 +-
 t/t4117-apply-reject.sh                |   6 +-
 t/t4124-apply-ws-rule.sh               |  30 +--
 t/t4138-apply-ws-expansion.sh          |   2 +-
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh | 360 ++++++++++++++-----------
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh                |   2 +-
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                  |   7 +-
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh               |  30 ++-
 t/t5701-git-serve.sh                   |  14 +-
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                 |  10 +-
 t/t6023-merge-file.sh                  |  12 +-
 t/t6027-merge-binary.sh                |   4 +-
 t/t6031-merge-filemode.sh              |   2 +-
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh    | 224 ++++++++-------
 t/t7201-co.sh                          |   4 +-
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh            |   8 +-
 t/t7800-difftool.sh                    |   2 +-
 t/t9100-git-svn-basic.sh               |   2 +-
 t/t9101-git-svn-props.sh               |  24 +-
 t/t9133-git-svn-nested-git-repo.sh     |   6 +-
 t/t9600-cvsimport.sh                   |   2 +-
 t/t9603-cvsimport-patchsets.sh         |   4 +-
 t/t9604-cvsimport-timestamps.sh        |   4 +-
 39 files changed, 511 insertions(+), 363 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.444.g18242da7ef-goog