Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] Clean up tests for test_cmp arg ordering and pipe placement

From: Matthew DeVore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 18:43:26 -0700

Two of the commits have changed drastically (see second and third points below)
so I'm sending this again.

Summary of changes since last time:
 - Remove the hacky linter check which makes sure pipes are placed at the end of
   the line in tests - I may add this back in a more polished form when I have
   time.
 - Unbroke t9101 git-svn test which I had broken pretty badly in v2 of the
   patchset.
 - Cleaned up and generalized the wording of the added points in
   CodingGuidelines.

Thank you,

Matthew DeVore (5):
  CodingGuidelines: add shell piping guidelines
  tests: standardize pipe placement
  t/*: fix ordering of expected/observed arguments
  tests: don't swallow Git errors upstream of pipes
  t9109: don't swallow Git errors upstream of pipes

 Documentation/CodingGuidelines         |  27 ++
 t/lib-gpg.sh                           |   9 +-
 t/t0000-basic.sh                       |   2 +-
 t/t0021-conversion.sh                  |   4 +-
 t/t1006-cat-file.sh                    |   8 +-
 t/t1300-config.sh                      |   9 +-
 t/t1303-wacky-config.sh                |   4 +-
 t/t2101-update-index-reupdate.sh       |   2 +-
 t/t3200-branch.sh                      |   2 +-
 t/t3320-notes-merge-worktrees.sh       |   4 +-
 t/t3400-rebase.sh                      |   8 +-
 t/t3417-rebase-whitespace-fix.sh       |   6 +-
 t/t3702-add-edit.sh                    |   4 +-
 t/t3903-stash.sh                       |   8 +-
 t/t3905-stash-include-untracked.sh     |   2 +-
 t/t4025-hunk-header.sh                 |   2 +-
 t/t4117-apply-reject.sh                |   6 +-
 t/t4124-apply-ws-rule.sh               |  30 +--
 t/t4138-apply-ws-expansion.sh          |   2 +-
 t/t5317-pack-objects-filter-objects.sh | 360 ++++++++++++++-----------
 t/t5318-commit-graph.sh                |   2 +-
 t/t5500-fetch-pack.sh                  |   7 +-
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh               |  30 ++-
 t/t5701-git-serve.sh                   |  14 +-
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh                 |  10 +-
 t/t6023-merge-file.sh                  |  12 +-
 t/t6027-merge-binary.sh                |   4 +-
 t/t6031-merge-filemode.sh              |   2 +-
 t/t6112-rev-list-filters-objects.sh    | 224 ++++++++-------
 t/t7201-co.sh                          |   4 +-
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh            |   8 +-
 t/t7800-difftool.sh                    |   2 +-
 t/t9100-git-svn-basic.sh               |   2 +-
 t/t9101-git-svn-props.sh               |  34 ++-
 t/t9133-git-svn-nested-git-repo.sh     |   6 +-
 t/t9600-cvsimport.sh                   |   2 +-
 t/t9603-cvsimport-patchsets.sh         |   4 +-
 t/t9604-cvsimport-timestamps.sh        |   4 +-
 38 files changed, 504 insertions(+), 366 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.444.g18242da7ef-goog