Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Check presence of targets when fetching to partial clone

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:22:36 -0700

New in v2:
 - added patch to clarify in documentation what check_connected() does
 - renamed quickfetch() to check_exist_and_connected() to better reflect
   what it does
 - also updated its documentation; I avoided usage of "wanted objects"
   and used "fetch targets" instead to clarify that I'm only talking
   about the direct targets, not all objects referenced by those targets
 - in check_exist_and_connected() (previously quickfetch()), check
   existence directly regardless of whether the repository is a partial
   clone or not

This should resolve most of Junio's comments in [1], except that I chose
not to modify or rename check_connected(). In this current world, it is
true that we usually require existence of ref targets, but that might
not be so in the future (having said that, I don't know of any schedules
for this future). Also, check_connected() is used in a few places, so
such a change would cause some churn in the codebase. So I left this
function alone.

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (2):
  connected: document connectivity in partial clones
  fetch: in partial clone, check presence of targets

 builtin/fetch.c          | 15 +++++++++++++--
 connected.h              |  6 +++---
 t/t5616-partial-clone.sh | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.444.g18242da7ef-goog