Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Lazy fetch bug fix (and feature that reveals it)

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 16:04:51 -0700

> This seems to break 5520 and 5616 when merged to 'pu'.  
> 
> It seems that merging master to md/filter-trees and then applying
> this is sufficient to break 5616.

I verified that 5616 is broken on [master + md/filter-trees + my patch],
and after investigation, found a bug in the lazy fetch implementation.
Patch 1 contains a fix, and more information about that bug.

Patch 2 is the original patch, updated with the commit message I
suggested [1] in reply to Junio's comment.

I bundled these patches together because patch 2 (in combination with
certain other commits) reveals the bug that patch 1 fixes, and to make
it easier for others to verify that these patches together pass all
tests when rebased on [master + md/filter-trees] or 'pu' (at least, as
of the time of writing).

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (2):
  fetch-pack: avoid object flags if no_dependents
  fetch-pack: exclude blobs when lazy-fetching trees

 fetch-pack.c             | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 fetch-pack.h             |   7 +++
 t/t0410-partial-clone.sh |  41 ++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 121 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.0.605.g01d371f741-goog