Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Re: Broken alignment in git-reset docs

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:02:08 +0100

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 13:02, Martin Ågren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 12:42, Paweł Samoraj <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > The git-reset documentation page section which is accessible via URL
> > https://git-scm.com/docs/git-reset#_discussion is not looking good.
>
> [...] The correct fix could be something like 379805051d
> ("Documentation: render revisions correctly under Asciidoctor",
> 2018-05-06).

Turns out it probably is, so here's a proposed fix, followed by a patch
to typeset more of this document in monospace. That should also make
things prettier, but not in such a dramatic way as the first patch.

This is obviously not 2.20-material. About where to queue this, I had
expected this to depend on 743e63f3ed ("Documentation: use 8-space tabs
with Asciidoctor", 2018-05-06) just like 379805051d does for proper
rendering, but from my testing, somehow it doesn't.

Paweł, I'm hoping this fix should be in v2.21 in a few months and then
eventually trickle down to git-scm. Thanks again for reporting this.

Martin Ågren (2):
  git-reset.txt: render tables correctly under Asciidoctor
  git-reset.txt: render literal examples as monospace

 Documentation/git-reset.txt | 277 +++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 1 file changed, 147 insertions(+), 130 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.0.rc1.8.g46351a2c6f