Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] Allow 'cherry-pick -m 1' for non-merge commits

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 07:39:03 +0300

Change from v2: t/t3502: disambiguation added to prevent failing on
case-insensitive file systems.

When cherry-picking multiple commits, it's impossible to have both
merge- and non-merge commits on the same command-line. Not specifying
'-m 1' results in cherry-pick refusing to handle merge commits, while
specifying '-m 1' fails on non-merge commits.

This patch series allow '-m 1' for non-merge commits as well as fixes
relevant tests in accordance.

It also opens the way to making '-m 1' the default, that would be
inline with the trends to assume first parent to be the mainline in
most workflows.

Sergey Organov (4):
  t3510: stop using '-m 1' to force failure mid-sequence of cherry-picks
  cherry-pick: do not error on non-merge commits when '-m 1' is
    specified
  t3502: validate '-m 1' argument is now accepted for non-merge commits
  t3506: validate '-m 1 -ff' is now accepted for non-merge commits

 sequencer.c                     | 10 +++++++---
 t/t3502-cherry-pick-merge.sh    | 12 ++++++------
 t/t3506-cherry-pick-ff.sh       |  6 +++---
 t/t3510-cherry-pick-sequence.sh |  8 ++++++--
 4 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

-- 
2.10.0.1.g57b01a3