Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] consolidate core.excludesFile docs

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 00:25:25 -0800

Robert reported that core.excludesFile was not mentioned in the
git-clean docs[1]. This cleans that up by mentioning that in the docs.

[1]: https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Changes since v1:

* Use Martin's suggestions of referencing the gitignore(5) instead of
  writing an exhaustive list. Also, sprinkle in some backticks ;)

Changes since v2:

* Use Junio's suggestion for rephrasing the text in git-clean.txt

* Move core.excludesFile specific documentation out of git-add.txt and into
  gitignore.txt

Denton Liu (2):
  git-clean.txt: clarify ignore pattern files
  Docs: move core.excludesFile from git-add to gitignore

 Documentation/git-add.txt   |  9 ---------
 Documentation/git-clean.txt | 11 +++++------
 Documentation/gitignore.txt |  8 ++++++++
 3 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.368.gbf248417d7