Subject: [PATCH 0/2] fix spurious space after linkgit, now in *.html

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 16:14:22 +0100

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 at 02:25, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> "brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 07:17:51PM +0100, Martin Ågren wrote:
> >> Just like v1 [1], this v2 removes a spurious space which shows up in a
> >> large number of places in our manpages when Asciidoctor expands the
> >> linkgit:foo[bar] macro. [...]
> >
> > This version looks good to me. Thanks again for getting this cleaned up.
>
> Thanks, all.  Will queue.

Bleh. For some reason [1] I thought the html-files were exempt from this
"extra space after linkgit" problem. They're not, as I just noticed. To
add insult to injury, my original patch 2 which adds a missing
dependency to the xml targets fails to add the exact same dependency for
a few other targets. So of the three patches discussed above, at least
two were incomplete.

Since this has hit "next", here are two patches on top to address this.

Sorry about this.

Martin

[1] I could have sworn I checked the html docs and saw that they didn't
have this extra space. Looking at git-scm.com again reveals that it's
not there. Huh. Seems like the site's html-rendering doesn't go through our
Makefile at all and handles "linkgit:" on its own:
https://github.com/git/git-scm.com/blob/master/script/doc_importer

Martin Ågren (2):
  Documentation/Makefile: add missing dependencies on
    asciidoctor-extensions
  asciidoctor-extensions: fix spurious space after linkgit in *.html

 Documentation/Makefile                  | 6 +++---
 Documentation/asciidoctor-extensions.rb | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0