Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] Write trace2 output to directories

From: Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:16:00 -0700

Persistently enabling trace2 output is difficult because it requires
specifying a full filename. This series teaches tr2_dst_get_trace_fd()
to create files underneath a given directory provided as the target of
the GIT_TR2_* envvars.

Changes since V1:

* No longer supports timestamp templates.
* No longer supports filename prefixes.
* Always creates filenames based on the final component of the trace2
  SID.

Josh Steadmon (1):
  trace2: write to directory targets

 Documentation/technical/api-trace2.txt |  5 +++
 t/t0210-trace2-normal.sh               | 15 +++++++
 trace2/tr2_dst.c                       | 61 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Range-diff against v1:
1:  e6b01ad4bf < -:  ---------- date: make get_time() public
2:  17ec237ba7 < -:  ---------- trace2: randomize/timestamp trace2 targets
-:  ---------- > 1:  59d8c6511b trace2: write to directory targets
-- 
2.21.0.225.g810b269d1ac-goog