Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Last big GIT_TEST_PROTOCOL_VERSION=2 fix, hopefully

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 13:43:21 -0700

This is built on master+jt/test-protocol-version, but should apply
cleanly to master.

After [1] and this patch set, there is only one more small thing to fix
or mark GIT_TEST_PROTOCOL_VERSION=0 at master+jt/test-protocol-version.

This is very similar to [2], which was neither reviewed nor merged,
perhaps because I had another patch [3] that I declared to supersede [2]
and that was merged as bd0b42aed3 ("fetch-pack: do not take shallow lock
unnecessarily", 2019-01-10). But it turns out that [3] was not enough to
make all tests pass with GIT_TEST_PROTOCOL_VERSION=2, hence this patch
set.

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[2] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Jonathan Tan (2):
  fetch-pack: call prepare_shallow_info only if v0
  fetch-pack: respect --no-update-shallow in v2

 commit.h     |  4 ++++
 fetch-pack.c | 54 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 2 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.155.ge902e9bcae.dirty