Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] rebase: teach rebase --keep-base

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 13:51:54 -0700

Thanks again for your feedback, Ævar! I think we're both on the same page now.
Hopefully I've addressed all of your high-level concerns with this patchset and
we can move into a discussion on implementation detail.

This patchset now depends "[PATCH 1/8] tests (rebase): spell out the
`--keep-empty` option" which is the first patch of Johannes's "Do not
use abbreviated options in tests" patchset[1]. (Thanks for catching
that, Johannes!)

Changes since v1:

* Squashed old set into one patch
* Fixed indentation style and dangling else
* Added more documentation after discussion with Ævar

Changes since v2:

* Add testing for rebase --fork-point behaviour
* Add testing for rebase fast-forward behaviour
* Make rebase --onto fast-forward in more cases
* Update documentation to include use-case

[1]: https://public-inbox.org/git/a1b4[email-masked]/

Denton Liu (4):
  t3431: add rebase --fork-point tests
  t3432: test rebase fast-forward behavior
  rebase: fast-forward --onto in more cases
  rebase: teach rebase --keep-base

 Documentation/git-rebase.txt     | 30 +++++++++++--
 builtin/rebase.c                 | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 t/t3400-rebase.sh                |  2 +-
 t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh    |  2 +-
 t/t3416-rebase-onto-threedots.sh | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3431-rebase-fork-point.sh     | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3432-rebase-fast-forward.sh   | 62 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 258 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t3431-rebase-fork-point.sh
 create mode 100755 t/t3432-rebase-fast-forward.sh

-- 
2.21.0.695.gaf8658f249