Subject: [RFC PATCH v2 0/2] git-p4: inexact labels and load changelist description from file

From: "Mazo, Andrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 00:13:37 +0000

This patch series introduces two experimental features to git-p4,
unrelated to each other.
 1. The first patch adds support for "inexact" label detection.
    The feature lets git-p4 find a git commit for a Perforce label
    even if there is no git commit with exact same changelist number as in Perforce.
    It is particularly useful when splitting a large Perforce depot
    into multiple git repositories
    or when importing just a subset of a depot into git.
 2. The second patch adds support for loading changelist description from a file.
    (`p4 -G describe` equivalent)
    The original use case is to be able to migrate a Perforce depot,
    which database got a little bit corrupted, into git.

This patch series should be applied on top of
"[PATCH v3 0/8] git-p4: a few assorted fixes for branches, excludes" [1]

This is the second iteration of the patch series.
Changes since the v1 [1]:
 * Dropped "alien" branch feature;
 * Added "inexact" label feature by suggestion from Luke;
 * Added minimal documentation;
 * Changed "damaged"-oriented narrative to more generic one.
   (renamed "git-p4.damagedChangelists" to "git-p4.changelistDescriptionFile",
    functions and variables correspondingly)

Range-diff vs v1:
1:  b02df749b9 < -:  ---------- git-p4: introduce alien branch mappings
-:  ---------- > 1:  54ef897fcf git-p4: inexact label detection
2:  bb3e14a389 ! 2:  83b0034538 git-p4: support loading changelist descriptions from files

[1] https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Andrey Mazo (2):
  git-p4: inexact label detection
  git-p4: support loading changelist descriptions from files

 Documentation/git-p4.txt | 41 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 git-p4.py                | 72 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 2 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

base-commit: 8104ec994ea3849a968b4667d072fedd1e688642
prerequisite-patch-id: 23e039fec7a1f5c51c98326a14d788adb1ecb5ba
prerequisite-patch-id: 9840851ffca6f00126c9c91da5a8828c7d0dcaed
prerequisite-patch-id: 32a738b41fb3dccfbbfb4d382a9748e36dcdfa8b
prerequisite-patch-id: 10661f77392f4131d2375976c77a7cd231fdf9ab
prerequisite-patch-id: a55360c904eba1b9e9c934405d3141eb96c5ad30
prerequisite-patch-id: 46357586199c02d956d53d782a12f1ee0c991302
prerequisite-patch-id: c683e7d6017580df9385a1544af409ca615d770c
prerequisite-patch-id: 411dcb5e95aff036e0cb3e850ea75f2424b260a6
-- 
2.19.2