Subject: [PATCH 0/5] difftool and mergetool improvements

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 22:07:38 -0700

I noticed earlier that when running 'git difftool --gui', we do not
fallback to 'merge.guitool' when 'diff.guitool' isn't set, even though
this behaviour exists for when we invoke 'git difftool' (i.e. it falls
back from diff.tool to merge.tool).

While fixing this bug up, I noticed a few other places where we could do
some code cleanup/add tests so I did that as well.

Denton Liu (5):
  t7610: add mergetool --gui tests
  mergetool: use get_merge_tool function
  mergetool: fallback to tool when guitool unavailable
  difftool: make --gui, --tool and --extcmd exclusive
  difftool: fallback on merge.guitool

 Documentation/git-difftool.txt       |  4 ++-
 Documentation/git-mergetool--lib.txt |  5 +++-
 Documentation/git-mergetool.txt      |  4 ++-
 builtin/difftool.c                   | 21 ++++++++------
 git-difftool--helper.sh              |  2 +-
 git-mergetool--lib.sh                | 33 ++++++++++++++--------
 git-mergetool.sh                     | 11 ++------
 t/t7610-mergetool.sh                 | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7800-difftool.sh                  | 24 ++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 113 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.967.gf85e14fd49