Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Skip ls-refs if possible for HTTP

From: Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:20:08 -0700

This was discovered by one of my colleagues when using a partial clone.
I thought I had resolved the problem with the commits mentioned in patch
1 (e70a3030e7 and ancestors), but apparently that is not the case (that
only worked for native protocols). So here is a fix for HTTP.

I'm not sure of the value of the test in patch 2, but that test does
fail if I don't update fetch_refs_from_bundle() to first call
get_refs_from_bundle() if it hasn't already been called.

Jonathan Tan (2):
  transport-helper: skip ls-refs if unnecessary
  transport: teach all vtables to allow fetch first

 t/t5607-clone-bundle.sh | 11 +++++++++++
 t/t5702-protocol-v2.sh  | 13 +++++++++++++
 transport-helper.c      | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 transport-internal.h    |  6 ------
 transport.c             | 18 ++++++------------
 5 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0.187.g17f5b7556c-goog