Subject: [PATCH 0/1] contrib/git-jump: support alias expansion

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 13:55:00 -0400

Hi,

I have been meaning to send this patch for a while, which teaches the
'git-jump' script how to respect user aliases for commands like 'diff',
'merge', and 'grep'.

I often find myself parsing the output of 'git diff' (which I spell 'g
di') in less, and then wanting to jump to some specific diff in a file,
i.e., by running 'git jump diff -- <filename>'.

But, I am so used to typing 'di' instead of 'diff', that I often write
the later invocation as 'g jump di -- <filename>', and 'git-jump'
complains that it doesn't know what 'di' means.

Let's rectify that by teaching it how to expand alises, which is
implemented in the patch below.

Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Blau (1):
  contrib/git-jump/git-jump: support alias expansion

 contrib/git-jump/README   | 4 ++++
 contrib/git-jump/git-jump | 4 +++-
 2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

--
2.22.0