Subject: [BUG/PATCH 0/5] t4214: cleanup and demonstrate graph bug

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 03:26:57 -0700

This patchset cleans up t4214 and then, in the last patch, demonstrates
a bug in the way some octopus merges are colored.

While I was playing around with Pratyush's octopus merge in git-gui, I
noticed that there was a bug in `git log --graph`. The horizontal lines
in the octopus merge seemed to have an off-by-one error in their
coloring. More detail in the last patch.

I tried my hand at fixing the bug but in the hour I spent going at it, I
couldn't fix the logic up. The buggy logic is in graph.c:
graph_draw_octopus_merge() in case anyone is interested.

Denton Liu (5):
  test-lib: let test_merge() perform octopus merges
  t4214: use test_merge
  t4214: generate expect in their own test cases
  t4214: explicitly list tags in log
  t4214: demonstrate octopus graph coloring failure

 t/t4214-log-graph-octopus.sh | 143 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 t/test-lib-functions.sh      |   6 +-
 2 files changed, 122 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0.248.g3a9dd8fb08