Subject: [PATCH 0/8] learn the "summary" pretty format

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 15:03:43 -0500

On this mailing list (and many others) the standard way to reference
other commits with the "summary" format, e.g. "f86a374 ("pack-bitmap.c:
fix a memleak", 2015-03-30)". Since it's so commonly used, let's
standardise it as a pretty format.\n

Denton Liu (8):
  pretty-formats.txt: use generic terms for hash
  revision: make get_revision_mark() return const pointer
  revision: change abbrev_commit_given to abbrev_commit_explicit
  pretty.c: inline initalize format_context
  pretty.c: extract functionality to repo_format_commit_generic()
  reflog-walk.c: don't print last newline with oneline
  pretty: implement 'summary' format
  SubmittingPatches: use `--pretty=summary`

 Documentation/SubmittingPatches    |  6 +++
 Documentation/pretty-formats.txt   | 25 ++++++----
 Documentation/pretty-options.txt   |  2 +-
 Documentation/rev-list-options.txt |  2 +-
 builtin/log.c                      | 30 ++++++++++--
 log-tree.c                         | 15 ++++--
 pretty.c                           | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 pretty.h                           |  1 +
 reflog-walk.c                      |  6 ++-
 revision.c                         |  7 +--
 revision.h                         |  6 +--
 t/t4205-log-pretty-formats.sh      | 52 +++++++++++++++++++++
 12 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.0.rc2.262.g2d07a97ef5