Subject: [PATCH 00/16] t: replace incorrect test_must_fail usage (part 2)

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 08:47:09 -0500

The overall scope of these patches is to replace inappropriate uses of
test_must_fail. IOW, we should only allow test_must_fail to run on `git`
and `test-tool`. Ultimately, we will conclude by making test_must_fail
error out on non-git commands. An advance view of the final series can
be found here[1].

This is the second part. It focuses on t[234]*.sh. The first part can be
found here[2].

[1]: (may be rebased at any time) https://github.com/Denton-L/git/tree/ready/cleanup-test-must-fail2
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Denton Liu (16):
  t2018: remove trailing space from test description
  t2018: add space between function name and ()
  t2018: use test_must_fail for failing git commands
  t2018: teach do_checkout() to accept `!` arg
  t2018: don't lose return code of git commands
  t2018: replace "sha" with "oid"
  t3030: use test_path_is_missing()
  t3310: extract common no_notes_merge_left()
  t3415: stop losing return codes of git commands
  t3415: increase granularity of test_auto_{fixup,squash}()
  t3419: stop losing return code of git command
  t3504: don't use `test_must_fail test_cmp`
  t3507: fix indentation
  t3507: use test_path_is_missing()
  t4124: only mark git command with test_must_fail
  t4124: let sed open its own files

 t/t2018-checkout-branch.sh            |  71 ++++++++----
 t/t3030-merge-recursive.sh            |   2 +-
 t/t3310-notes-merge-manual-resolve.sh |  21 ++--
 t/t3415-rebase-autosquash.sh          | 153 +++++++++++++++++++-------
 t/t3419-rebase-patch-id.sh            |   3 +-
 t/t3504-cherry-pick-rerere.sh         |   2 +-
 t/t3507-cherry-pick-conflict.sh       |  28 ++---
 t/t4124-apply-ws-rule.sh              |  12 +-
 8 files changed, 198 insertions(+), 94 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.1.810.g65a2f617f4