Subject: [PATCH 0/4] t: replace incorrect test_must_fail usage (part 5)

From: Denton Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:22:22 -0400

The overall scope of these patches is to replace inappropriate uses of
test_must_fail. IOW, we should only allow test_must_fail to run on `git`
and `test-tool`. Ultimately, we will conclude by making test_must_fail
error out on non-git commands. An advance view of the final series can
be found here[1].

This is the fifth part. It focuses on lib-submodule-update.sh and tests
that make use of it.

The first part can be found here[2]. The second part can be found
here[3]. The third part can be found here[4]. The fourth part can be
found here[5].

[1]: (may be rebased at any time) https://github.com/Denton-L/git/tree/ready/cleanup-test-must-fail2
[2]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[3]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[4]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
[5]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Denton Liu (4):
  lib-submodule-update: add space after function name
  lib-submodule-update: consolidate --recurse-submodules
  lib-submodule-update: prepend "git" to $command
  lib-submodule-update: pass OVERWRITING_FAIL

 t/lib-submodule-update.sh        | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++------------
 t/t1013-read-tree-submodule.sh   |  4 +--
 t/t2013-checkout-submodule.sh    |  4 +--
 t/t3426-rebase-submodule.sh      |  8 +++---
 t/t3512-cherry-pick-submodule.sh |  2 +-
 t/t3513-revert-submodule.sh      | 22 +++++++++------
 t/t3906-stash-submodule.sh       | 17 +++++++-----
 t/t4137-apply-submodule.sh       | 10 ++++---
 t/t4255-am-submodule.sh          | 10 ++++---
 t/t5572-pull-submodule.sh        | 16 +++++------
 t/t6041-bisect-submodule.sh      | 35 +++++++++++++-----------
 t/t7112-reset-submodule.sh       |  6 ++--
 t/t7613-merge-submodule.sh       |  8 +++---
 13 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 81 deletions(-)

-- 
2.26.2.548.gbb00c8a0a9